Solutions For – Fire/EMS/Police
AEDs in Fire and EMS Professionals
First responders across the country deploy Powerheart® automated external defibrillators (AEDs) for the dependability and technology that performs when a life depends on it. Put simply, if you require a reliable AED that can deliver life-saving therapy quickly and dependably, a Powerheart AED is for you.
Why a Powerheart is Right for You
Here are just a few of the reasons why first responders like the Los Angeles County Fire Department chose the Powerheart® AED:
- Patented Rescue Ready® technology conducts daily self-tests of all main AED components (battery, hardware, software, and pads) and routinely charges the high-voltage electronics.
- RescueCoach™ voice prompts that guide you during a rescue situation.
- A helpful text screen that runs in tandem with the voice prompts, especially useful for rescuers in noisy environments. The screen also provides valuable rescue information to professional rescuers when they arrive on the scene.
- Variable escalating energy that determines the electrical impedance (resistance level) of each patient and customizes the energy level delivered. If more than one shock is necessary, our proprietary STAR®biphasic software escalates the energy to deliver therapy at an appropriate, higher level.
- Extensive warranty is covering the Powerheart® AED, the Intellisense® lithium battery and the Intellisense® Defibrillation pads.
- First responders who fall victim to SCA can count on their partners to use the unique features of the Powerheart® AED to save their lives. Numbers show that deaths from SCA are higher among firefighters and EMS.
Current Fire and EMS Partners:
- Alabama: Birmingham Regional EMS System (BREMSS); Homewood Fire Department; Tuscaloosa Fire Department
- Arkansas: Bryant Fire; Jonesboro Fire
- California: Santa Barbara Sheriff’s Department; San Luis Obispo Fire Department; Kern County Fire Department; LA County Fire Department: Chevron Fire Department; Albion-Little River Fire Department; Bakersfield City Fire Department
- Florida: Miami Fire Rescue; Hialeah Fire Rescue/EMS; Key Largo EMS; Fort Myers Fire Department; Orlando Fire Department; Palm Bay Fire
- Georgia: Hall County Fire & Rescue; Atlanta Fire & Rescue Airport Division
- Indiana: Pendleton Emergency Ambulance; Valparaiso Fire Department; Mishawaka Fire Department; South Bend Fire Department; Lebanon Fire Department; Whiteland Fire Department; Alexandria Fire Department; All Madison County Volunteer Fire Department; All Adams County Volunteer Fire Department
- Louisiana: Lafayette Fire Department; New Orleans Fire Department; St. Bernard Fire Department
- Michigan: Otsego EMS
- Mississippi: Stennis Space Center Fire Department
- Ohio: Fulton County EMS; Vandalia Fire
- Oklahoma: Lawton Fire; Muskogee County EMS; Ponca City Fire/EMS
- Pennsylvania: Tri-Community South EMS; Emergency Medical Service Institute
- South Carolina: Pelham-Batesville Fire Department; Anderson County Fire Department; Boiling Springs Fire Department
- Texas: Cedar Park Fire Department; Corpus Christi Fire/EMS; Edinburg Fire/EMS; Helotes Fire/EMS; Orange Fire Department; Naval Air Station Fire/EMS; Round Rock Fire Department; San Angelo Fire Department; Schertz EMS; Sugar Land Fire Department
- Virginia: Franklin County Public Access/EMS; Roanoke City Fire/EMS
- Washington: Skagit County Medic One; Lewis County Fire Department; Monroe Fire Department