Solutions For – Hospitality
AEDs in Hospitality Settings
With more than one million sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) deaths in North America and Europe, the likelihood of a cardiac emergency occurring at your hotel is real. The only effective treatment for SCA is a shock from an automated external defibrillator (AED), administered as soon as possible. Providing a safe environment for hotel guests and employees is vital to your reputation. One of the best ways to provide hotel guests that essential protection is with an AED program.
The Life-Saving Importance of AEDs
Here are some of the reasons why more and more hotels are investing in AEDs and making early defibrillation a part of their emergency response plans:
- Defibrillation within 3-minute of sudden cardiac arrest increases the chances of survival to 70%. Shock within one minute of collapse raises the survival rate to 90%.
- Calling 999 is necessary but the wait for first responders may take too long. The average call-to-shock time in a typical community is 9-minute.
- AEDs are becoming the hotel and hospitality industry standard, with hotels implementing AED programs at a growing rate. The sheer law of numbers makes the chance of SCA occurring in a hotel or fitness center very real; with an AED program in place you are prepared.
- With AEDs becoming common safety devices, hotels and resorts could be at risk for not having an AED on site.
- Leading hotels and resorts such as the Sheraton Hotel are part of a growing number of hotel chains (including Starwood, Best Western, and Wyndham Vacation Properties) that partner with Cardiac Science to provide life-saving AEDs.
Why a Powerheart is Right for You
Cardiac Science designed the Powerheart G3 Plus automatic AED so most anyone could use it. Once the defibrillation pads are applied, the AED determines if a shock is required and administers one if it’s needed.
Our AEDs also provide:
Find out today how you can become heart safe.
- Patented Rescue Ready® technology that self-checks all main AED components (battery, hardware, software, and pads) daily. The AED completes a partial charge of the high-voltage electronics weekly, and a full charge monthly.
- RescueCoach™ voice prompts that guide you during a rescue situation.
- A helpful text screen that runs in tandem with the voice prompts, especially useful for rescuers in noisy environments. The screen also provides valuable rescue information to professional rescuers when they arrive on the scene.
- Variable escalating energy that determines the electrical impedance (resistance level) of each patient and customizes the energy level delivered. If more than one shock is necessary, our proprietary STAR® biphasic software escalates the energy to deliver therapy at an appropriate, higher level.
- A 7-year warranty that is one of the longest in the industry. We also provide a 4-year, full operational guarantee on the Intellisense® lithium battery used with AED G3 Plus defibrillators.