Solutions For – Government
AEDs in Government
Whether you are a government employee or a military member, you may be called on to respond to a sudden cardiac arrest (SCA). Unlike heart attacks, it can strike people of all ages and fitness levels. And the only effective treatment is a shock from a defibrillator, administered as soon as possible. Having automated external defibrillator (AED) units readily available in your government workplace can mean the difference between life and death. Cardiac Science is a leader in establishing comprehensive programs to bring protection to an entire post or base. Public access defibrillation programs are ideal solutions for Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD) facilities, government building offices, post offices, public affairs offices or even police stations.
The Life-Saving Importance of AEDs
Here are some of the reasons why more and more government agencies and military units are investing in AEDs and making early defibrillation a part of their emergency response plans:
- Defibrillation within 3-minute of sudden cardiac arrest increases the chances of survival to 70%. Shock within one minute of collapse raises the survival rate to 90%.
- Calling 999 is necessary but the wait for first responders may take too long. The average call-to-shock time in a typical community is 9-minute.
- OSHA now recommends AEDs in the workplace, and recent legislation may require your workplace to provide them.
- We have more than 20,000 AED programs deployed globally for partners including the Army National Guard, the Air National Guard, the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Coast Guard, the U.S. Marine Corps, and the U.S. Navy.
Why a Powerheart is Right for You
Cardiac Science designed the Powerheart G3 Plus automatic AED and the G3 Pro so most anyone could use it. Once the defibrillation pads are applied, the AED determines if a shock is required and administers one if it’s needed.
- G3 Pro and Plus options tailored to the needs of your professional or lay rescuers. The Powerheart AED G3 Pro is appropriate for the advanced life support-trained responder, while the Powerheart AED G3 Plus makes it possible for almost anyone to administer a life-saving shock.
- Patented Rescue Ready® technology that self-checks all main AED components (battery, hardware, software, and pads) daily. The AED completes a partial charge of the high-voltage electronics weekly, and a full charge monthly.
- RescueCoach™ voice prompts that guide you during a rescue situation (Plus models).
- Airworthiness and durability to withstand harsh environments. The Powerheart AED G3 Pro’s airworthiness certification ensures safe operability in aircraft environments and in demanding conditions.
- Rugged rescue backpacks and Pelican™ cases that make it easy to transport Powerheart AEDs for training activities and field operations.
- A helpful text screen that runs in tandem with the voice prompts, especially useful for rescuers in noisy environments. The screen also provides valuable rescue information to professional rescuers when they arrive on the scene.
- Variable escalating energy that determines the electrical impedance (resistance level) of each patient and customizes the energy level delivered. If more than one shock is necessary, our proprietary STAR® biphasic software escalates the energy to deliver therapy at an appropriate, higher level.
- A 7-year warranty that is one of the longest in the industry. We also provide a 4-year, full operational guarantee on the Intellisense® lithium battery used with the AED G3 Plus defibrillators.