Solutions For – Corporations
AEDs in Corporations
Employees are your No. 1 assets. How are you protecting them from sudden cardiac arrest (SCA), the leading cause of death in the United States? In fact, 13% of all workplace fatalities stem from SCA. Unlike heart attacks, it can strike people of all ages and fitness levels. And the only effective treatment is a shock from a defibrillator, administered as soon as possible. Sadly, few companies are prepared to deal with SCA despite the fact that death from SCA in the United States is 96 times more likely than death from fire. Yet companies that have plenty of fire extinguishers in place to protect employees, customers, and visitors may not have even one heart defibrillator on their premises. Having automated external defibrillators (AEDs) readily available in the workplace can mean the difference between life and death.
The Life-Saving Importance of AEDs
Here are some of the reasons why more and more companies are investing in AEDs and making early defibrillation a part of their emergency response plans:
- Defibrillation within 3-minute of SCA increases the chances of survival to 70%. Shock within one minute of collapse raises the survival rate to 90%.
- Calling 999 is necessary but the wait for first responders may take too long. The average call-to-shock time in a typical community is 9-minutes.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) of the US now recommends AEDs in the workplace, and recent legislation may require your workplace to provide them.
- Companies such as Honeywell, Coca-Cola, and Merrill Lynch have placed Powerheart® AEDs in their facilities.
Why a Powerheart is Right for Your Corporation
Cardiac Science designed the Powerheart G3 Plus automatic AED so most anyone could use it. Once the defibrillation pads are applied, the AED determines if a shock is required and administers one if it’s needed.
Our AEDs also provide:
Find out today how your workplace can become heart safe.
- Patented Rescue Ready® technology that self-checks all main AED components (battery, hardware, software, and pads) daily. The AED completes a partial charge of the high-voltage electronics weekly, and a full charge monthly.
- RescueCoach™ voice prompts that guide you during a rescue situation.
- A helpful text screen that runs in tandem with the voice prompts, especially useful for rescuers in noisy environments. The screen also provides valuable rescue information to professional rescuers when they arrive on the scene.
- Variable escalating energy that determines the electrical impedance (resistance level) of each patient and customizes the energy level delivered. If more than one shock is necessary, our proprietary STAR®biphasic software escalates the energy to deliver therapy at an appropriate, higher level.
- A 7-year warranty that is one of the longest in the industry. We also provide a 4-year, full operational guarantee on the Intellisense® lithium battery used with AED G3 Plus defibrillators.